This is just an idea, but I have often wondered if some kind of "myth-busting" thread might be useful - partly for people to ask questions, but mostly so that common myths which have grown around the case over time can be corrected. Here's a few I can think of:
1. David Smith was "involved" in the Moors murders - there are still far too many people who believe some version of this. Another variant also does the rounds, along the lines of "People in Manchester know more than they are letting on", etc.
2. Brady and Hindley were found guilty of all 5 murders in the 1960s - again, a lot of people seem unaware the confessions came later
3. Hindley is not dead and has been released with a new identity - I think this one speaks for itself
4. Brady is a 6st, hunger-striking creature on the brink of death, etc, etc - !!!!!!
5. Keith's location could be "anywhere" and nobody has any idea of where to focus the search - obviously untrue
5. General mythology, i.e Hindley was a sweet Catholic girl who was misled, Brady is a manipulative Hannibal type - not representative of the facts
6. "The occult" has some connection with the case
7. Edward Evans' sexuality - a lie invented by IB
8. The problem of people believing lies, such as claims that there were more victims, Hindley was bullied and abused into it all, etc
I'm sure there are more - so much nonsense and misinformation spread about this case.